I read the news today, alone in the United States, ¾ of the nation is under quarantine; and as many of us try to adhere to the preventive measures being taken. Cases and deaths continue to rise higher every time we turn on the television. Every conversation you have mentions something about what’s going on during the pandemic. Social media fills you with memes, more news, fake news, and there seems like there's no getting away. We may be quarantined physically but our minds are still vulnerable. I can try and tell you 100 different things that can help you during this time to help ease your mind and spirit during this time. Yet, I want to share with you 10 of God’s promises that have time after time helped ease my mind and renew my faith to face the battle in front of me. I hope that during this time you may find one or more that you can cling to and hold on to as your promise from God during this time.
1. “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28
2. “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not be faint.”- Isaiah 40:31
3. “No one who hopes in You (The Lord) will ever be put to shame” Psalm 25:3a
4. The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.” Psalm 91: 14-16
5. “He gives strength to the weary and increase the power of the weak.” Isaiah 40:29
6. “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 31:8
7. “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
8. “The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.” Psalm 34:18
9. “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.” Isaiah 43:2-3a
10. “For I know the plans I have for you” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.” Jeremiah 29:11-12
My hope is that this entry has helped bring light into your world. Please know that during this time you are not alone, and this will soon pass but in the meantime you can be rest assure that God is in control and will take care of you.
Thank you for reading this little piece of my journal. I hope you felt encouraged! If you liked this message, please press the like button below. Also share with your friends, don't keep this message to yourself trust me someone out there needs it!